Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Drawing

Anna LOVES to draw and color.  She does it ALL the time....especially on the walls.  We have to be super vigilant and make sure there are no writing utensils left at a level she can reach.  We frequently fail, and she finds something to draw on, like a wall, window, TV, table... you name it!.  I tried having her help clean it up, me cleaning it up.  Finally I got so tired of it I decided to leave it to see if maybe that would help.  (figuring if she saw the "canvas" was already full, she would stop)  No such luck.  She would find another color and add in to the tiny little spaces she left.  What i found amazing was, I started to see things in her drawings.  And when she would add another color, she wouldn't just layer it on top, she added to the picture.  Chris always thought I was making it up and exaggerating.  Afterall, she is too young to have that skill.

Well, the other day she came to me with this piece of paper and said. "Here, Eli."  I figured Eli drew it and she was the mail man.  But Eli came in right behind her with his picture.  Eli really just scribbles.  And Eli seemed really happy that Anna drew a picture of him.  (apparently, he likes being the subject of art projects)


No comments:

Post a Comment